Pages

Monday, May 19, 2008

Every weekend should be a long weekend!

Happy May long weekend!
This was by far the best weekend I have had in a long time!!!!!
But first some knitting...can't remember if I posted this yet, so here it is. I love this sweater, and I am so happy with how it turned out!

It's been sitting on my dinning room table now for several weeks, so I will get it in the mail tomorrow! ( I finally was smart and started something one size bigger then what the kid is wearing....she'll have grown out of it by the time it's sent!)
Ok, back to the weekend. Saturday was HOT! The occasion called for the breaking out of the barbque (after, of course, moving the old hot water tank off of the deck) We had a fire and made smores...it was great! The local 4 year old artist was also hard at work, and left us with this at the end of the night:
The only down side was that he kept trying to dump everyone's beer so he could incorporate another can in the sculpture. I suppose an artist's creative inclination should never be held back!








Sunday we took little Z to the beach, where we got to run on the mud flats...then swim back. (going out at low tide always means the tide will be rising...must remember that for next time!) It was great, and I've never seen him swim like that before. I didn't get any pics on my camera, but my friend did, so I will post when I get them.
Sunday afternoon was spend being lazy....I knit while the 2 Z's did this:Today of course was cold and rainy, but this didn't stop us from going back to the beach...paying attention of course that the tide was going out, not in. This is certainly my new favorite summer thing to do!
Back to work tomorrow!

1 comment:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

Sounds like a fun, relaxing weekend! Love the sweater!