Pages

Friday, October 03, 2008

How cute is this!

So, I've just taken a much needed week off work (can we say hanging by a thread) and I can't believe it's already Friday! It's not like me to spend (most) of a holiday week at home, but I've done so and have been wildly busy.
First, I jetted off to the thriving metropolis of Whitecourt to visit the new baby. Can I just say, small towns are NOT my thing. Anyways, I had knitting to deliver, and that I did. (seeing that kid's closet, she is certain to be the best dressed kid around!)Ok, so she's not the happiest there but it shows off nicely!
Here's a happier shot:


Oh yeah, and guess what, she's a knitter!


I came home Tuesday, picked up the dog, and proceeded to tear apart my kitchen. Ok, that might be slight exaggeration; what actually happened was, Tuesday night I decided to rip out the kitchen and install a whole new one. Wednesday morning I decided just to rip out some cabinets, cut a whole in the wall and install some open shelving. By Wednesday afternoon, it was simply paint the cabinets, leave everything where it was and get new hardware. I started painting, left it to dry- and woke up to paint that washed off the cabinets with only water. After some modifications, we are back on track, and I think it will look great- and very modern! (black cabinets with steel hardware). I might actually be motivated to pick one of the colours from the paint chips that have been taped to my living room wall FOR A YEAR NOW! (I keep telling people it's my version of art, but they don't believe me!)
There has been lot's of other knitting going on (sweaters for each of my neices and my nephew, as well as for my 2 special buddies next door), and I finished Zane's sweater (about 2 months ago, so old news I guess). I will take pictures and post! My next project will be something for me- a friend was in Ireland last june, and brought me back wool...I just need to figure out what I want it to look like!
Back to painting!